Welcome to the LCHS Bands! We are glad you are interested in participating, and we are sure that it will be a fun and educational experience for you.
Please see the other sections of the website for additional information about the band programs at LCHS or Contact Us with any questions.
LCHS Band Info for incoming FreshmenWhat band classes should I register for?
and other new Students
and other new Students
- 1st Semester – Marching band
- 1st semester Symphonic Band is an option as a last resort for students who cannot fit Marching Band into their schedule.
- 2nd Semester – Symphonic Band
All students are required to audition for placement in Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, or Percussion class. Auditions are held at the end of marching season so students have time to change their schedules with the Guidance Office if necessary.
- Jazz band is an option but may require an audition depending on how many students join the class.
- The Band fee supplements the money provided by the school to pay for different things to make the band program a success. The fee amount is announced around April for the following school year. The fee is spread over 3-4 payments. The first payment is due near the end of the previous school year to reserve your spot in the Marching Rockets.
- The fee includes the Bands of America Grand Nationals trip/performance in Indianapolis in November.
- Students are required to purchase marching shoes and gloves. The shoes generally last throughout the student’s high school career.
- (The fee for the quadrennial Disney trip is separate.)
- The schedule for the summer rehearsals can be found here.
- Summer rehearsals other than pre-band camp and band camp are required, but students may be excused for family vacations, camps, etc. with prior Director approval
- Pre-band camp and band camp are required to participate in the Marching Rockets
- Required performances include approximately seven field competitions and all home varsity football games
- Tuesday and Thursday evening rehearsals (6-8 pm) are required during the season
- Directors will work around athletic and extracurricular activity schedules to the best of our ability! Students must communicate all conflicts well in advance.
- You can start fundraising to save money for your Band Fees (and Disney trip) even before you are in high school. Contact the Booster Treasurer for more information.
- Some instruments are provided to the students by the school based on availability: marching baritones, sousaphones, tenor and bari saxes
- There may be a nominal rental/maintenance fee required for school instruments
- Spring Break every four years (2009, 2013, 2017, …)
- Approximately $800 per student in 2017, plus some meals, souvenirs, et cetera
- Use the many fundraising opportunities to defray the costs.